Post Reply  Post Thread 

Questions
TXpetro
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
Questions

Hey there! Doing research and found this site. I was a logger back in the 70's for 4yrs and left due to slow-down. Got back into the patch as a MWD hand 2yrs ago, and bam another slow-down. My question is for anyone, I've been offered logging jobs as contract labor. Since I haven't been logging in 30+yrs what is a average going payrate? One guy said $130 is what he'll give me another says he pays $150-$225 depending on person.  Well I know I cannot drive-eat-pay taxes-ect. on $130 so what are others getting? This is in Texas if that makes a difference. Also the $130 guy wants me to go to W.Virginia to work for a couple of months. Man I would have to spend $300 just getting there, so I would be working for a week just to pay to get there and back!

03-18-2010 04:23 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators
RE: Questions

TXpetro, welcome to the site. You do have experience, rocks dont really change but computers have. Id say if you have an offer to log for a couple wells to get the comp. stuff down, than you could get the higher pay and go right into lead work. With that said, I think the going rate is about 200 to 250.

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

03-19-2010 05:13 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
TXpetro
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: Questions

Thanks Samplerock,
Just after I posted the question I got an offer of employment (not contract).
I'll start at 160-170 until I learn cmpt program then it'll go up after that point. Once I get back out I'll be watching/posting on here to see what's going on.

* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.*

TXpetro

03-19-2010 07:31 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: