Post Reply  Post Thread 

Anyone Logged Loco Hills, NM Blinebry Formation?
Bolen Consulting
Senior Rockhound

Group: Registered
Anyone Logged Loco Hills, NM Blinebry Formation?

Just picked up a contract in Loco Hills doing vertical wells to around 6400' md.

Company has had a lot of poor loggers missing porosity in the Blinebry Formation. It is a Dolomite section.

Information is scarce and no one I know has logged this section...

Any first hand experience here?

05-16-2010 02:23 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lotsarock2
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: Anyone Logged Loco Hills, NM Blinebry Formation?

Hi,

I am Carol Maddox and have just now finished a Blinebry well here in Loco Hills, N.M. The Blinebry is in the Leonardian and is in the Yeso group which includes the Paddock, Blinebry, Tubb & Drinkard formations (pools). You are right they are all dolo. The Blinebry starts out very med-dk brn and sucro. It drill 2-3 mins a ft with a tri-cone and the only real poro you can see is the sucro poro. This is easy work out here if you like short fast wells. This is my first well here in the last 5 yrs so I don't know who the untrained loggers are cos it is so easy. If you need any help just holler. I have been logging since 1978. I live in Ok. but log wherever they send me. I am currently working for Riley Geological Consultants out of Lubbock, Tx.

Sincerely,

Carol Maddox

03-14-2011 10:12 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: