Post Reply  Post Thread 

Random Pics from South Texas
Logger_X
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
Big Grin  Random Pics from South Texas

.jpg File  sand.jpg (Size: 95.29 KB / Downloads: 48)
.jpg File  snail.jpg (Size: 61.12 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg File  that sux.jpg (Size: 102.15 KB / Downloads: 52)                                                                                        

This to much for the first post?....Cool
Hope y'all enjoy!

06-20-2010 03:04 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Logger_X
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: Random Pics from South Texas

....funny story about that bit.

3 days and we made 4 foot of hole. I logged and accounted for shavings, slivers, chunks of metal and reported.

(this was a directional well, btw.)

They sat up to 24k on the bit, something I have never seen anything good result from.(with a mud motor at that) I was training another logger at the time so I was awake quite a bit. I called up the Directional trailer to get some info for my reports late that 3rd evening. The directional hand seemed like an alright guy, so I {serious,but still jokingly} asked, "so when we pulling out the hole?"......WOW! Sounded like Yosemite Sam on the other end of the phone......

So I just simply hung it up....{like anyone needs to hear that, c'mon, we all got a job to do,right?} , but it was still kinda funny.

Next morning I walked over to get some print-outs and caught ol' boy walking across location....He walks up and commenced to telling me.." tell your boy not to call over here and tell me how to do my job..." I was shocked to say the least, I informed him,"..around 10 last night? Yeah, that was me, man." So then he goes on.."you need to tell your friend I've had more years doing this .....(blah blah blah)....this is a directional well and we have more weight on the sidewall than we are close to having on the bit."

Well,this went on for about another minute and a half, mean time I'm listening to the tune play in my head from Willy Wanka-you know the one...Ompa Lumpa Doompa'te Doo.....

Don't ask, it just seemed appropriate at the time.....

Any how....those are the resulting pictures 13 hours later......that WAS a new bit when it started..HAHA!

Ok...I'm not rubbing it in or anything.....ok,yeah ,yeah I am....

We all make mistakes...it happens, but you should learn to listen to your loggers.....

And you Loggers, although some may still see it as bad etiquette to voice your opinion on possible problems, if you are certain about what you are saying, then by all means say something.

Down time is expensive. If you happen to catch a potential problem they will be thankful....

If they happen to flip out and start yelling and what not...hey,no big deal, you are not doing anything wrong, simply your job.

One of two things will happen in a situation like this....

You will never be asked back again due to embarrassment, or they will specifically ask for your return because you PAY ATTENTION to your job.

Have fun and be safe!

06-20-2010 04:32 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: