Post Reply  Post Thread 

New to site but not the patch
Jeff Patterson
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
New to site but not the patch

[font=Courier][size=medium]Hi folks, Just stumbled across this site. Im hoping its a more active one than another one I belong to. We can be the best tech & information support for one another, and make things alot easier for all.

I have worked for several mudlogging companies & none has had a support program for the folks in the units worth a nickle. If your talking after hours or weekend you might as well forget it.

Ok off my soap box & a little about me. I am 3rd generation Texas oilfield. My Grandpa drilled way back in the 50's. My dad is a retired company man, older brother pushes tools for unit, Im now logging in the Haynesville shale, & my oldest son is now my night hand.

I broke out worms corner on Mercury Drlg Co Rig 13 in June of 1981. I roughnecked & drilled for about 12 yrs, and have been logging for 9.5 yrs. Ive logged Barnett Shale, Eastern Oklahoma, NW Oklahoma, Texas & Ok panhandles, SW Kn and one well in Al.

I finally remarried a year ago Oct after being single for 10 yrs. I have 2 grown sons, & got 2 daughter and another son when i remarried.

Im not claiming to be super logger or anything, just willing to help. Looking forward to getting to know some folks here. If I can ever be of assistance to anyone please feel free to holler.

11-11-2010 10:49 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lotsarock2
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: New to site but not the patch

Hi Jeff,  I am Carol Maddox and have been logging since 1978 and also was a mud engineer for 8 of those yrs. I am new to this site and will certainly let other logging friends know it exist. I presently live in Ok. and I log wherever they send me. I work for Riley Geological Consultants out of Lubbock, Tx. and am just finishing a well here in Loco Hills, New Mexico. You have worked alot of places I have but I don't think I have met you before. One thing I have learned in all my yrs being in the field is just how small the oilfield is. If you ever need any help on rocks etc, give me a holler.

Carol

This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 09:55 AM by lotsarock2.

03-14-2011 09:52 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: