Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Hi There...New members post here......
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators
Hi There...New members post here......

[color=blue][b]
My name is Troy. I have been logging for 2 1/2 years. I have mainly worked in Utah. I use Chromatigraphs, t-gas, a little bit of high speed and m-loggers. I have been for the most part self taught (as in alot of study) although I have learned alot from others and on the job. I really like geology and try to give my best service. I work for Pason systems and have completed wells for Questar, Bill Barrett, Liberty and Williams. I'am currentlly working on a Patterson 180 rig on the top of Nine Mile Canyon. We are drilling to 14,900 ft. I hope to use this site as a helpfull tool to be more connected to others in the field. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a note. thanks, Troy.   Cool

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

This post was last modified: 01-08-2007 09:45 PM by samplerock.

12-16-2006 07:54 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Schlitz001
Rockhound Member

Group: Registered
RE: Hi There...

Hey Troy. I just got your e-mail. Fellow Pason employee here. I've been Pasoning for almost 7 months now. In that short time I've worked in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Kansas on mostly HSGC and now TGas. I hope to see this site take off, because I'm an internet junkie and I think it can help a lot of people and provide some entertainment between samples at 3 in the morning.

I'm currently a lead on a wildcat north of Wamsutter. We're running the TGas and trying not to freeze.

12-24-2006 05:58 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
samplerock
sample_rock

Hey Schlitz, Thanks for joining and posting. Its not cold in Wyoming. HeHeHe. It sounds like you have had to travel around alot, that normal. Pass this site along because I think like you said, It could be a good "entertainment" for us stuck out here. Not to mention helping each other. Feel free to post. Thanks, Troy.

12-24-2006 03:12 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
sysmokey
Junior Rockhound

Me? I've been mudlogging for over two years but have been logging with Pason for over a year, I worked for a few other companies prior to that and worked in the ouray indian reservations in Utah, Pinedale, Big Piney, Grainger, and wamsucker, oops i mean wamsutter, Wyoming. Past year i finally got to work in the state i live in, and worked in the northcentral part of Piceance Basin, But now?? I have finally been stationery in one area, which is the Vega Reservoir area just north of the Grand Mesa area in Northwestern Colorado. I have basically been in this location for almost a year. The reservoir is usually within eyesite and is tempting to add a couple samples on the pason sample screen, and go fish for a 1/2 hour here or there. Okay, okay, i got kinda SPOILED!

Here is my info on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/mountainsy

12-25-2006 12:33 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
saltdomeguy
Junior Rockhound

Hi Y'all,

This site looks like it has lots of potential.  I've been mudlogging with Pason for just about a year.  I'm third generation oil bidness, and have worked offshore in the gulf as a roughneck before falling into the Ocean Drilling Program while i was in grad school at Texas A&M.  That was an amazing experience for any geologist...very hi tech and working some of the top minds in the world, mostly academia based.  Cored holes in Antarctica, and other places around the Pacific.  Saw Pink Floyd and INXS in Australia, and played frisbee on the beach in Fiji.  I also acquired some techie skills while with ODP and detoured into the world of IT with Apple Computer and later with ARCO.  I really like working on oil rigs, almost a second home...and working with all the rig crews...Recently worked two 6 week wells in Utah, very cool..

My latest passion is podcasts and podcasting...I have demo of a podcast called Great moments from the oilpatch...discusses some of the roots of the business, that some of the newer geologists don't know about...Let me know if you are interested in it or podcasting in general...

Check out my MySpace site ......http://www.myspace.com/nfieldflyguy
The name comes because i am also a baseball umpire (high school and up...attended professional ump school in Florida).  So if we get to work together, be sure to bring your glove...baseball that is..

12-25-2006 04:53 AM
samplerock
sample_rock

RE:  Hi There...

sysmokey Wrote:

Me?  I've been mudlogging for over two years but have been logging with Pason for over a year, I worked for a few other companies prior to that and worked in the ouray indian reservations in Utah, Pinedale, Big Piney, Grainger, and wamsucker, oops i mean wamsutter, Wyoming.  Past year i finally got to work in the state i live in, and worked in the northcentral part of Piceance Basin,  But now??  I have finally been stationery in one area, which is the Vega Reservoir area just north of the Grand Mesa area in Northwestern Colorado.  I have basically been in this location for almost a year.  The reservoir is usually within eyesite and is tempting to add a couple samples on the pason sample screen, and go fish for a 1/2 hour here or there.  Okay, okay, i got kinda SPOILED!  

Here is my info on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/mountainsy

Hi there, welcome to our forum. It sounds like they finally got you closer to home. I was wondering what it was like working for the other companies? Its nice to be able to go fishing near a rig. Up here in 9 mile (more like 35 mile) Canyon there is no fishing, lots of dirt bike roads though. Thanks for the posts. Troy.

12-26-2006 03:24 PM
samplerock
sample_rock

RE:  Hi There...

saltdomeguy Wrote:

Hi Y'all,

This site looks like it has lots of potential.  I've been mudlogging with Pason for just about a year.  I'm third generation oil bidness, and have worked offshore in the gulf as a roughneck before falling into the Ocean Drilling Program while i was in grad school at Texas A&M.  That was an amazing experience for any geologist...very hi tech and working some of the top minds in the world, mostly academia based.  Cored holes in Antarctica, and other places around the Pacific.  Saw Pink Floyd and INXS in Australia, and played frisbee on the beach in Fiji.  I also acquired some techie skills while with ODP and detoured into the world of IT with Apple Computer and later with ARCO.  I really like working on oil rigs, almost a second home...and working with all the rig crews...Recently worked two 6 week wells in Utah, very cool..

My latest passion is podcasts and podcasting...I have demo of a podcast called Great moments from the oilpatch...discusses some of the roots of the business, that some of the newer geologists don't know about...Let me know if you are interested in it or podcasting in general...

Check out my MySpace site ......http://www.myspace.com/nfieldflyguy
The name comes because i am also a baseball umpire (high school and up...attended professional ump school in Florida).  So if we get to work together, be sure to bring your glove...baseball that is..

Wow, It must be something to have traveled that much. id like to see some pics. it sounds like you do consulting. Thats a very interesting job from what I have seen. i was able to consult on this last well. It is alot more work and requires me to study alot to give them the best information I can. Keep us posted, troy.

12-26-2006 03:29 PM
ohiomarc
Junior Rockhound

Hi

Hello!  I've been logging for about 9 months with Pason.  I've been following a rig for 7 of those in the Piceance Basin.  Mostly in and around Parachute/Battlement Mesa.  I worked with Saltdomeguy for a while in Rifle.  Now, I am just to the west of Meeker, CO on Bronco #4 working with PetroHunter out of Denver.  I'm pretty new in the oilfield, but seem to be enjoying it.  I've mostly been working with the baseline GC and it seems to provide me minor and significant challenges on a daily basis.  It just makes life interesting!  That's about it for now.  If you're interested, I'm on myspace - myspace.com/ohiomarc

01-08-2007 06:20 PM
samplerock
sample_rock

RE: Hi

ohiomarc Wrote:

Hello!  I've been logging for about 9 months with Pason.  I've been following a rig for 7 of those in the Piceance Basin.  Mostly in and around Parachute/Battlement Mesa.  I worked with Saltdomeguy for a while in Rifle.  Now, I am just to the west of Meeker, CO on Bronco #4 working with PetroHunter out of Denver.  I'm pretty new in the oilfield, but seem to be enjoying it.  I've mostly been working with the baseline GC and it seems to provide me minor and significant challenges on a daily basis.  It just makes life interesting!  That's about it for now.  If you're interested, I'm on myspace - myspace.com/ohiomarc

Hi there Ohiomarc. Good to see you join, I hope we can get this board to be a little more active, but thats ok. I know what you mean with the baseline.....fun hu? I used the chrom for quite a few months and it has its own personality. I did do a well in colo. on a one man job, interesting, the co. man was using used bits...hehehe...Union rig. Hey, Id like to see some pics if you have them. Nice to meet you, troy.

01-08-2007 09:33 PM
rockquarry
Junior Rockhound

RE: Hi There...New members post here......

Hey Troy, Sorry I took so long to check out your site. Anyway, I shall refer to mysely as Rock Quarry. I have been with Rocky Mt. Geo-Eng/Pason for about 17 years. I live in gods country Colorado. I have 4 kids and am married to my best friend of thirty years for the last 10 years. I am oil field through & thru. Diesel runs thick in my veins. Geology is my livelihood and my passion, but I hate know it all geologists. You can teach a monkey to mudlog, but it takes a hand to log a well.

01-11-2007 05:47 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: