Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Hi There...New members post here......
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators
RE:  Hi There...New members post here......

rockquarry Wrote:

Hey Troy, Sorry I took so long to check out your site. Anyway, I shall refer to mysely as Rock Quarry. I have been with Rocky Mt. Geo-Eng/Pason for about 17 years. I live in gods country Colorado. I have 4 kids and am married to my best friend of thirty years for the last 10 years. I am oil field through & thru. Diesel runs thick in my veins. Geology is my livelihood and my passion, but I hate know it all geologists. You can teach a monkey to mudlog, but it takes a hand to log a well.

Man did you hit that right on the head!!!      Big Grin
I just love it too and find myself doing alot of research as to give the best information I can for these people. I am no Geologist by any means and I wouldnt offend a real one by claiming so. I find alot of loggers that think this is boring but I think its cuz they dont apply them selfs to get interested. Taking on lead has been very callenging and rewarding at that, as Im doing Well site now. Thanks for joining and Id like to see some interesting information you may have to help us out. Thanks, Troy.
Big GrinCoolToungue

P.S. you could enter your location on our Frapper map if you'd like.....

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

This post was last modified: 01-11-2007 08:56 PM by samplerock.

01-11-2007 08:54 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
nicademus
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: Hi There...New members post here......

Hi there, New to the Mudlogging game but its pretty cool and I like it alot. Been working in thr Chapita Well Gas field in E utah. I am not a Geologists but i have alway been interested in it. I think its great that i get paid to look at rocks all day.:) I am from montana and I am currently looking for work closer to home cuz the 750 mile drives every rig move are killing me. Working on ensign 72 atm but have worked on ensign 78 and true 9 and 15. Would really like to see this forum take off and i will tell all my co workers about it. Talk at you later.

02-23-2007 07:54 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Hossus
Junior Rockhound

Troy,

Found this website while trolling for info on mudlogging. Nice to know there are others out there who like to talk about this stuff. I haven't started yet, but am slated to begin working for EarthTech out of Hooker, OK. I don't have a degree in geology, but studied about 40+ hours of it in college and am an avid fossil hunter/rock hound. I am hoping that after waiting 20 years to do something that I am interested in will pan out. Still a lot of concerns on my end on how to make this pay the bills, but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I will keep an eye out and see what you all have to say. Thanks, Hossus

02-26-2007 10:03 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators

NICADEMUS and HOSSUS, Its good to see you interested in the field. I agree that this can be a rewarding job, dont let others discourage you. Its not just "mudlogging" there is alot to learn here but you have to apply yourself and do alot of research. I find it fascinating and its a thrill to be of importance to the Operators. This work can potentially bring in the doe! Get your name out there and find a "home" with an Operator, you can go far. Think of it this way, get your foot in the door and become one of the Operators! Thanks for joining and post often, Troy.

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

03-02-2007 05:24 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Charles.P
Junior Rockhound

[color=blue][size=small][b]Howdy y'all. I am a newbie "mudlogger"from Texas and have only been doing this for a little over a month. It was cool to find a discussion board on mudlogging. I hope to learn alot form everyone here so I can learn to do my job better. Thanks in advance for all your wisdom!
Charles

06-27-2007 12:30 AM
oilman29
Junior Rockhound

Hey everyone this is the first time I have been here. I have been Mudlogging for going on 11 years Been all over Texas.La,Mississippi. including five years in the gulf of mexico would really like to get my foot in the door in other places but it seems kind of hard to do. well anyway talk to ya'll soon

09-30-2007 10:14 AM
vargoje3
Rockhound Member

Howdy i was just browsing the internet and i found this site, seems pretty cool considering i'm sitting in a logging unit here in CA right now. I have some free time though b/c there POOH for a new bit, should take em around 6/7 hours at the most. Been logging for about 2 months now, all self taught. The old grumps in my company don't really like to train they just want sample catchers. Anyways just wanted to say hello.

11-03-2007 11:52 AM
okielogger1978
Junior Rockhound

Hey there! I am John Price and I have about 2-1/2 years mudlogging. I am working in Oklahoma, mainly in the Arkoma Basin with some in the Anadarko Basin. I got my start with Geosearch Logging, but I am with Pinson Well Logging now. Right now, I have 2 rigs I am following for Chesapeake Energy. Bronco 2 and Goober 29. Goober is at 11,200 FT. and drilling while Bronco 2 is rigging up and should spud tomorrow. I really love my job. It is more than a job. I have done wells for Chesapeake, Pablo Energy, St. Mary's Land & Exploration, BP, Samson Resources, Meade Energy, B&W. I would like to get to know some other fellow mudloggers.

11-25-2007 01:37 AM
olbigdaddy69
Junior Rockhound

Hello everyone finally a site for loggers.I have been logging for 5 goin on 6 yrs and I love it.I work for Morco Geological in Carlsbad NM.I have logged wells for Devon,Cimarex,Bass just to name a few.Now we have a site for loggers this is to cool I will tell all my co-workers to check it out

08-15-2009 06:38 AM
gakido46
Junior Rockhound

My name is Gary...I have been logging for over 20 yrs. GOM, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, and Louisiana.

I am presently working for our family-owned logging company based in Florida, but I log mostly in Mississippi and Alabama.

11-01-2009 04:28 AM
Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: