Post Reply  Post Thread 

Hiring Loggers
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators
Hiring Loggers

Just a couple sites hiring mudloggers.....

http://www.camcologging.com/careers.htm

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobMatchesOrganized.aspx?exjob=true&job_did=J3G1ZB6QDNB13T8YVFS

www.pason.com

Big Grin

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

01-03-2007 02:15 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
oilman29
Junior Rockhound

Group: Registered
RE: Hiring Loggers

Camco logging is not doing any hiring right now I have worked for them on and off for almost two years but they do have a really good logging program that was designed by the owner himself

09-30-2007 09:49 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
miahnelson
Rockhound

Always expanding, always needing Loggers.
www.stiversconsulting.com

Great company to work for.
Pay is better than any other company I have worked for.

10-23-2007 05:30 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
miahnelson
Rockhound

RE:   Hiring Loggers

Not at all, they do there best to make sure their employees are taken care of. No they don't have the best equipment or software, but they are slowly upgrading everything.

If you disagree, please share why?

This post was last modified: 10-25-2007 03:31 AM by miahnelson.

10-25-2007 03:31 AM
miahnelson
Rockhound

Never knew Danny, but both of the current owners worked with him for years. I've heard a lot of good things about him.

Yeah, they only do a 5 day minimum, but most of our jobs last 10 days or more. As for how many days we all work, they are turning work down left and right. You ask for more, you'll get more. I made the mistake of asking for extra work earlier this summer. Ended up working 48 days straight. Haven't worked that much since I broke out in South Texas. At the end of it all , they were more than happy to give me a couple of weeks off.

As for pay range, I don't make as much as your new guy, but I am well within the range you listed on another thread. Haven't seen another North Texas or Oklahoma Logging company offer that much. Hell, I had a recruiter out of California try to get me to move for $250 a day, and he basically called me a Liar when I told him what I do make.

"Myra" Wants to know your name. She ran her own company out of Midland for years, and thought she knew every trailer out there. She said she had never heard of West Texas Wellsite.

Stivers is a great company to work for. A few minor frustrations here and there, but a whole lot less that anyone else I've worked for.

This post was last modified: 10-26-2007 05:13 AM by miahnelson.

10-26-2007 05:07 AM
Trans-Pecos
Junior Rockhound

We are always looking for new talent, but are hiring loggers within the next two weeks (by 10/29/09). If your interested, fill out an application at http://trans-pecos.com.

10-13-2009 09:47 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
samplerock
sample_rock

Group: Administrators

Thanks for that.

What does not kill us, makes us stronger.....

http://www.myspace.com/painter22

11-02-2009 08:03 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Jeff Patterson
Junior Rockhound

I have worked for Stivers & am no where of the same opinion. What I found to be true over there was a huge lack of support from the office. I was doing a one man well in wise county Tx. It was the first well on a newly aquired UTI rig (I dont remember the number). we were having issues with rig power to the unit. I took a hge surge that took out my computer. The office was notified but assured me the PBI box we had was backing up the Data....sure enough it was so no biggie. Catch samples & jot down notes......6 days later I was finally brought replacement computer......Geoligist was also kept in the loop so everything was supposed fine......End of the well guess who Stewrling & Joseph hung the blame on.........Stivers has their favorites and if your a yes man you can do fine there....just dont ever have an opinion or prove anyone in the office wrong.

11-11-2010 11:57 AM
miahnelson
Rockhound

I've been called a lot of things in my day. A$$hole being the most common, and Rampaging Phallus being the most unique. As a matter of fact I can remember being called a pain in the ass by Both Joseph and Sterling on more than one occasion. My Mother (which has called me just about every negative thing in the book at one time or another.) also worked for them, wasn't any easier to get along with than I. Never once have I been referred to as a "Yes Man." Not even by dear old mom.

I've worked for many companies in this industry, big and small, covering many positions. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but after the sun goes down your pretty much on your own unless its a major disaster, no matter who you work for.

As for support from the office, sometimes it takes them a bit of time to get to you, especially if you're working more than a couple of hours from the shop. With a small company, they only have so many people to get things done. And its not like mudlogging companies make enough money to use a hotshot. On one occasion, Sterling’s wife drove out to Johnson CO on a Sunday evening to bring me some replacement parts when no one else is available.

I'm not a big Fan of the PBI instruments, but one thing they do well is store data. A computer being down just means you can't draw your log. If the geologist is good with that for a couple of days oh well. With the use of a computer, a log can be drawn in a relatively short time. Drawing a log is the smallest part of what we do.

The fact of the matter is, as field hands, we are expected to be able to handle 99% of any situation that may happen in the field. Especially working single operator. If you can't get the job done, then don't try to do that job. Work elsewhere. Walking off a job without finishing what you were being paid to do just gives the rest of us a bad name.

I am no longer working as a mudlogger. 5.5 Years was enough. I'm now doing LWD, working my way towards DD. But if the shit hit the fan and I needed a job, I'd rather work for Stiver’s than any other company I've had the pleasure of working for in the past. You take care of them, and they are more than happy to take care of you.

11-12-2010 06:58 AM
benwneatherlin
Junior Rockhound

If there is any mudloggers looking for a job please give us a call
you can visit our website  www.patriotmudlogging.com
or give us a call at 325-242-2411

This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 04:50 AM by benwneatherlin.

02-05-2011 03:05 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: